Dry ice blasting machine WL 5000 Robby
Automated processes in industry, everything is possible
Dry ice blasting does not have to be a manual trade, but can also be conveniently integrated into automated production processes.
This not only reduces production time and costs, but is also accompanied by an increased quality of surface cleaning with precise adjustment.
The number of industries that can benefit from automated dry ice blasting is large and diverse. On the one hand, there is the plastics industry, which can deburr or clean workpieces with complex geometries more effectively.
The necessary movements of the robot are clocked once and can then be called up as often as required for the same workpieces – with constant precision.
In modern surface technology, the dry ice blasting process offers a number of advantages. Many automobile manufacturers now take dry ice pre-treatment or cleaning for granted so that the composite or material mix in a vehicle always gains in functionality and quality.
Foundries, for example, can also make their production more effective with an automated cleaning solution, especially when cleaning casting moulds.
In order to get the most out of an automated dry ice blasting machine, you need a lot of expertise, experience and good advice.
Is automation profitable? What are the circumstances associated with the upgrade? How do I calibrate the blasting process? Does my production environment provide the necessary infrastructure? Interested production managers can contact White Lion with such questions. White Lion not only offers one of the best automated dry ice blasting solutions with the WL 5000 Robby, but integrates it with a service and consultancy based on decades of dry ice blasting experience.
The WL 5000 Robby model can be automated in all degrees of freedom. Parameters such as blasting pressure and dry ice throughput can be controlled in all common robot languages.
As a unique feature, the WL 5000 Robby offers ice flow control: sensors can notify the robot system when no more ice leaves the nozzle, so that the responsible personnel can be notified immediately of the malfunction. Like all systems, our dry ice blasting system “Robby” has a glass lid for convenient level control and a 50 kg stainless steel filling container with a special non-stick coating including high-quality insulation. The wheels are conductive against static charges. Alternatively, the dry ice blasting machine can also be manufactured with feet, depending on customer requirements. We are happy to manufacture and develop your customized automated solution.
If the system is to work even more autonomously, White Lion offers the model WL 5000 Robby Plus, a dry ice blasting machine with integrated pelletizer. Dry ice production takes place directly in the machine. Manual refilling of dry ice pellets is no longer necessary.
The degree of autonomy is in the hands of the customer. For the most profitable balance, White Lion is always at your side with its experience.
- Comfortable nozzle change without tools
- Internal compressed air regulation from 1 – 16 bar
- Infinitely variable dry ice pellet delivery volume adjustment depending on dosing disc from 5 – 120 kg/h
- Emergency stop function with red LED signal lamp
- Can be controlled via the PLC control of any computer system
- Acid-resistant wheels with roller bearings
- Conductive wheels against static charge
- Compressed air and blasting pressure manometer
- Filling container with glass lid
- Designation: White Lion Type WL 5000 Robby
- Blasting system: Single hose system
- Blasting material: dry ice pellets – 3 mm diameter
- Dry ice consumption: depending on dosing disc 5 – 120 kg/h
- Dry ice capacity in filling container: 50 kg (insulated and electrovibrating)
- Blast hose ¾” available in different lengths: 2.5 m, 5 m, 7.5 m, 10 m
- Compressed air hose 1” available in length 10 m
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 675 mm x 580 mm x 1100 mm
- weight: 92 kg
- Manufacture: Germany
Compressed air data:
- Air consumption: 1 – 16 m3/min / (depending on application)
- Application pressure: 1 – 16 bar
- Permissible operating pressure: up to 16 bar
- Optimum air quality according to ISO standard 8573-1: Class 3: Oil- and dust-free
- Power supply: 230 V / 50 -60 Hz (other voltage on request)
- Electrical power: 750 W
Repair & service
To develop and manufacture sophisticated and reliable dry ice blasting equipment is one thing – but to maintain it is quite another.
Good maintenance of a dry ice blasting system often makes the decisive contribution to continued success in its application.
Who doesn’t know that a failure is always inconvenient, and usually unexpected. Our technicians ensure the highest levels of safety and reliability for our dry ice blasting systems. Maintenance contracts provide regular reminders when servicing is due – so your dry ice blasting systems are always up to date and ready for use.